Today is the birthday of a Spanish painter, sculptor, printmaker, ceramicist, and stage designer Pablo Ruiz y Picasso, known as Pablo Picasso (25 October 1881 – 8 April 1973), who spent most of his adult life in France. He is widely known for co-founding the Cubist movement, the invention of constructed sculpture, the co-invention of collage, and for the wide variety of styles that he helped develop and explore. Among his most famous works are the proto-Cubist Les Demoiselles d'Avignon (1907), and Guernica (1937), a portrayal of the German bombing of Guernica during the Spanish Civil War. Picasso, Henri Matisse and Marcel Duchamp are commonly regarded as the three artists who most defined the revolutionary developments in the plastic arts in the opening decades of the 20th century, responsible for significant developments in painting, sculpture, printmaking and ceramics. Picasso demonstrated extraordinary artistic talent in his early years, painting in a realistic manner through his childhood and adolescence. During the first decade of the 20th century, his style changed as he experimented with different theories, techniques, and ideas. His revolutionary artistic accomplishments brought him universal renown and immense fortune, making him one of the best-known figures in 20th-century art. Presenting some Quotations : Being Poet
- I do not seek. I find.
- Bad artists copy. Good artists steal.
- Everything you can imagine is real.
- Art is the elimination of the unnecessary.
- Art is a lie that makes us realize the truth.
- Action is the foundational key to all success.
- I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.
- Every act of creation is first an act of destruction.
- Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
- Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions.
- All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
- I don't believe in accidents. There are only encounters in history. There are no accidents.
- Everything is a miracle. It is a miracle that one does not dissolve in one's bath like a lump of sugar.
- He can who thinks he can, and he can't who thinks he can't. This is an inexorable, indisputable law.
- An idea is a point of departure and no more. As soon as you elaborate it, it becomes transformed by thought.
- Art is not the application of a canon of beauty but what the instinct and the brain can conceive beyond any canon. When we love a woman we don't start measuring her limbs.